Monday, January 16, 2012

Games and Learning

That's the name of the seminar I'm a part of this semester. You can find the blog here: http://gameandlearn.blogspot.com/

To be short, this semester will be a giant geekfest. 

To expand, this semester I am the animation and psychology component of an immersive learning project focused on the educational potential of games. We are partnering with the Indianapolis Children's Museum, and by the end of the semester we are hoping to have created and developed a fun computer game they can use as an educational tool. My only other class is my Animation 1 class, where we are learning how to use Maya. 
So in other words, I have all the excuses I need to watch tons of animated movies and play tons of videogames (such as Fable and Skyrim ~). 

I'll hopefully have some insights to things that I'll be able to post here. 
I'm just really excited about this semester. 

Let the games begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment