Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

So, Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that we seem to forget about. 

Let's be honest. For most Americans, Thanksgiving is about eating a lot, complaining about relatives, watching football, and getting ready for Black Friday. 
What a waste, if you ask me.

What about the part where we give thanks? 
That's kind of important. Especially if you consider the amount of commercials and advertisements that are constantly being shoved down our throats, I think it's a good idea to take seriously a holiday where thanks and appreciation are the most important things. 
Instead, Black Friday seems to be becoming the main focus.

Remember when Christmas commercials wouldn't even show up until Thanksgiving? That was a good idea. We should have a chance to focus on the good we already have before being bombarded with people telling us what else we need.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I believe that a lot of issues come from being rampantly materialistic. I believe community and family are important. 
I believe that Thanksgiving should get more attention.

That being said, I AM SO FREAKING READY FOR CHRISTMAS
But not the shopping. I hate Christmas shopping...I'm giving out a lot more art this year. More meaningful and less..."give me things."
I love the holidays, probably because I love my family :) It's a pretty awesome thing, being at my house over the holidays. 
But more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment